Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Christmas Village

I've always been envious of people that have those little villages that they put out at Christmas time.  My mom had one that she got from Costco, and I was lucky enough to put that out one year but I really wanted one of my own.   Last year I told my husband that I wanted to start a tradition.  I would like if he would buy me one building a year.  Which would mean that this Christmas I would have one building.  Not much of a village, but you have to start somewhere.  Well he bought me two, as well as some accessories.  Then after Christmas I got a few items quite cheap at some after Christmas sales.  Then this year I got 4 for my birthday, which is at the end of November.  So needless to say, I have quite a village already.  I'm quite proud of my little village, and I hope you enjoy looking at it as much as I enjoyed setting it up.

My Christmas village during the day

Customers at the Christmas tree lot.  One lady checking her list
to be sure she got everything she needs.

Customers leaving with packages of wonderful things purchased
at the Holiday Crafts shop.

Children playing up at the old barn.

Skating by the warming hut.  Looks like the little ones are having
trouble staying up.

The diner is a great place to stop and get some lunch on a busy
shopping day.

Some of the kids like to slide down the hill from the old barn.

A crafty lady selling handmade Christmas wreaths.

The Tavern.
Outside the toy shop, Santa visits with some of the local children.
 
The village at night

1 comment:

  1. Lovely village. I really like the mirror for the skating rink & the different heights you have added for realism. You've created a great scene with it that is so fun.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...