Monday, August 5, 2013

Chairs and a hutch

I got more done this weekend than I have in a very long time.  Which is so ironic because I thought I was not going to be able to work on anything because of my work schedule. 

Today I got the hutch done for the Tea Room, and I also got the chairs done.   I tried to go with a slight shabby chic look.....I didn't want it to be too distressed but just a tad.  Keeping with the very girly pink and green, that is what I painted the chairs.  I also wanted it to be slightly eclectic, so I made sure I didn't use 4 of the same chairs.  I wish I had 4 different styles in my stash but I did not and so I have 2 different styles. 

I used a Michaels hutch (thanks again Sonya...), and I left it alone.  No bashing this time, but I painted it an off white (sorta cream), and lined the back with a pink polka dot scrapbook paper that co-ordinates with the other colours of the Tea Room.  In the picture it looks rather yellowish, but it's not.  It looks very nice in the room and matches nicely with the cream colours in the wallpaper.

The paper that you see in the picture is the room that these items will be in once the whole project is done, unlike the picture I posted of the couch and chair.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...