Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Road Block

I've been sitting here for a couple of days now with the Tea Room, empty, waiting for me to start putting some furnishings and decor inside.

When I started this project I had a clear vision in my head of how I wanted it to look.  So far, it looks nothing like I had thought it would. 

I wanted to spend as little money as possible on this project, by using things that I already have, and making others. 

So far, that seems to still be the plan, although my diy skills are not greatest. 

I want the upper floor in the Tea Room to sort of be like a lounge.  With a sofa and chair and have a bit of a living room feel.  So if there are any ladies having tea that don't want to sit at a table on the main floor they can go upstairs for a more relaxed environment.

Many years ago I picked up a furniture set from Dollarama.  It's one of those tab & slot sets that you put together.  It looks something like the photo below.  A little different, but this was the best picture I could find.  So I plan to paint and distress the items to have a shabby chic look about them.  



When I pictured it in my head, it was very pretty with nice fancy furniture, but because I don't want to spend a lot of money.....or do I have the money to spend, this is going to have to do.  I will make the best of it.  Hopefully it turns out nice. 

So far all I have done is glue the sofa and chair together.  Next I tackle painting and then get some fabric on there so it's a little more comfortable than just the wood. 

Well, that's all that is going on with this project so far.   I will post more as things progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...