Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Primrose Tea Room


I know I don't post to this blog often, life gets in the way.  However I think I will be posting a lot more now that the winter is here.  I'll be in the house keeping warm, making some miniature treasures. 

Quite some time ago I purchased The Primrose.  It's made by Greenleaf (corona concepts), and can be made as an add on to the Laurel, or can be a free-standing house. 

The Primrose


 
I decided that I was going to turn this little house into a Tea Room.  In the summer of 2012 I visited my mother in Port Colborne, and there was a charming little Tea Room there, and it inspired
me to make my own, in miniature.

Earlier this week I decided to start working on the project.  Because I had tried to use this house for a previous project (that did not work out), I had to first scrape off the rest of the old wallpaper to prepare it for it's new decor.

Once that was done, I decided to wallpaper all the walls before putting it all together.  I used scrapbook paper for wallpaper.  Very inexpensive, and I usually have a ton of paper on hand.  The pattern that I decided on for the first floor was rather large, but I do enjoy large prints.


I love this pattern, and went with that colour scheme for the whole project.

For the upper floor (attic), I decided on a green patterned paper, that unless you look closely just appears to be solid.


This paper is also scrapbook paper.


Here are some photos of the interior of the Tea Room.






It was a really quick build, however I messed up the original door that came with the kit, so I had to create my own door, which didn't turn out great, however it looks better than what I did to the original.


Here are some exterior photos.  I decided to "stucco" the outside of the house.
 

 
 
Front and side of the Tea Room
 
Now I have a lot of great little items to make for the inside.  Keep tuned for more to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...