Monday, March 10, 2014

Long read but there are pics.....I promise !

Well, it was brought to my attention that it has been some time since I have posted to my blog.  It's true....it has been some time.   There are many reasons for this which I will go into more detail below.

New "Job" :  Well you may or may not know that I work for a Pet Sitting company, and this is my day job!  I walk dogs, or do home visits for cats, or sometimes even work at the Doggie Daycare.  Some weeks are busier than others, and I thought I needed something to bring in a little more money.  So I joined Jamberry Nails.....and so far it's been busier than I had hoped it would be.  So it's taking up a lot of my time.  If you want to check out my site please feel free www.crysdez.jamberrynails.net

Vacation:  I went away for a while.....not long, but long enough to get away from the worst winter ever.  We still have snow banks at least 5 feet tall.  Florida was nice!!!

House Problems:  I live in a house that is 130 years old, and some days it seems like nothing has been done to this house in that 130 years.  Well the latest problem was my craft room.  I found that the roof was leaking.  Not just in one spot, like one whole side of the room......the side where ALL my supplies are.  So I had to put everything into Rubbermaid bins and get it out of there.  I caught the problem in good time because there was very little damage to my supplies.....however, now there are about 15 bins jammed with various stuff sitting in my dining room.  Not sure I will get much done with it like this.  So I probably won't get back to Mini-ing until the summer after I reno the craft room.

Cancer Walk:  I know some of my followers know that I have done the Weekend to End Women's Cancers before, and I am doing it again.  So I will be walking 60 km in 2 days and need to raise $2,000 so that has taken up some time.  If you would like more info or would like to make a donation please visit www.endcancer.ca/goto/crystaldez

So.......here we come to the actual Mini Post.  During the month of January Grandpa's Dollhouse has daily deals.  Each day new deals are posted.  So I took advantage of some of the offerings.  I highly recommend visiting Grandpa's Dollhouse at www.grandpasdollhouse.com

As mentioned in previous blog posts, I am working on a Tea Room.....so I got these items for that!

Tea Cart.....Retail $12.99 but I got it for $6.99


Side of cart
Front of Cart
Blank Sign......Retail $5.00 but I got it for $3.50.  I plan to create a pretty "logo" with the Tea Room's name on it and attach it to the house as you see in the second photo.

Perfect for customizing


It will go right here  beside the door.

The other thing I ordered was a $5.00 grab bag.  It has at least $20 worth of value in it, and it's a surprise what you will get.  Here is what I got for $5.00

What a great bunch of loot.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you have been busy, Crystal! I'm sorry about the house problems...but it sounds like everything else was a positive break. :-) Great mini finds....that tea cart is so unique. I don't think I've seen one like it before. I have to check out their site. I live in the US and am not sure they ship to me...but we'll see.
    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...