Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Sad News

Well I just found out that a "mini" friend passed away today from complications of pneumonia.  I am very sad to hear this.  I never met Jan in person but for the many years that I have been in miniature groups and swapping, I have had the pleasure of participating in a few swaps with her.  She was a very talented miniaturist. 

Just two weeks ago I received an amazing 1/4 scale doll from her.  It was part of an Alice in Wonderland Swap.  She made a Mad Hatter.  It's probably one of my favourite items that I have ever received in my years of swapping.

Tonight my thoughts are with Jan's family during this hard time.  Goodbye Jan.


Look how small it is. 
Mad Hatter standing on a 1:12 scale chair.





 


1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss, Crystal. It doesn't matter whether or not you met Jan in person - sometimes we form special ties online and long distance.

    How nice that you paid tribute to her life on your blog.

    Sonya : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...